What our Students, Parents and Community members say about Aikido of Gainesville
- My 12 year old daughter Cailey and I attended our first class tonight to learn Aikido,.. and we LOVED it! I took my daughter to her first class tonight in hopes that it would be just what she needed to regain her confidence, learn self defense, and find her inner strength thru this art of peace. What I didn't expect was that I would join in and find the same thing! We both tend to be shy and anxious, but felt right at home with the wonderful Sensei, Mr. Huffman and the rest of the classmates and instructors. Mr. Keith, one of the instructors, explained all the class options clearly and really helped us understand what is all possible through Aikido. Great class, friendly people, free and affordable classes, and a in perfect location! We both learned so much in just one class and can't wait for the next one. I would highly recommend that anyone (adult or child) try Aikido of Gainesville, Inc you may find exactly what you feel you are missing right there in that Dojo! Thank you for bringing Aikido to this area.. I feel that it is (and will be) a blessing for so many people! ♡
- "Thank you again for tonight! It really made the evening feel like an event...I have no doubt that you were able to inspire some young men and women through the presentation, and I appreciate you thinking of having one of our students play with you." JStahl Dir. of Music, Oak Hall School
- Aikido helped me find my calm" NRM 16, Gainesville, FL
- "I know how to handle bullies now and I won't get in trouble!" ARM 14 Gainesville, FL
- "In 7 years of Aikido and 5 years of Iaido I've lost over 60lbs, learned to defend myself and found a great community of like minded people" STB 56, Gainesville, FL
- "Thank you Aikido of Gainesville and Sensei Huffman for partnering with the Alachua County Victim Services Offices during Domestic Violence Month to teach safe, effective self-defense!" ACVSO Director, 2014
- "My face hurts, I've been smiling through the whole class!" Comment from Youth Combine after school program student.
- "My 9 year old son has taken an unprecedented interest in Aikido with Sensei Huffman. My son began with a trial class, then one class/wk, then two classes/wk, currently three classes/wk, all of his own will. We are happy with Sensei's patient teaching style that is a wholesome life philosophy towards non-violence."